I Looooooove sleeping in!!!!! But it is a bad habit to get myself into. Summers. One of the greatest perks of being a teacher!
So what is my focus for the summer, ME! I went into 24 hour fitness a few days ago and got a gym membership and a personal trainer named Todd. Who just might very well give me the "beating of my life". I need it. I need some outside motivation. I think one of the hard things about me is that I have gotten complacent. I'm not "too fat" and therefore, eh.... BUT, I want to be the best that I can be and be healthy. So, here goes!
Also, some students wrote some notes on facebook that made my heart happy! Here are some excerpts-
Briana wrote the 1st one-
"Ms. Parkes-You were the greatest!! Theater was only fun because you helped me discover the magic in acting. I love you so much! Thank you for casting me as the main roles in eighth and ninth grade! I had such a blast and I will definitely miss you. Confidence was only one of the many things that I learned while being in the four plays/musicals. You definitely made it wonderful for me. Thank you for the wonderful years! I wish you luck for the years to come!"
Julia wrote this-(She transferred to Valley right before the auditions for the musical) "A couple of weeks later, I auditioned for the school musical, "Willy Wonka Jr." I didn't expect anything special. After all, I was just me. A new girl trying to find her place in this new environment. When I saw the cast list, I was disheartened because I started at the end, working my way up. I thought I hadn't even made it in the play because I wasn't in the ensemble. But then, I saw it- at the top of the list were the words "Charlie Bucket- Julia Wills." This was obviously a shock, since Charlie Bucket is a boy and I'm, well, a girl! However, as rehearsals went on, I began to see how the part would work out. That musical was what really yanked me out of my little shell of a comfort zone. I began meeting new people and making friends. I gained a confidence that before had been inconceivable, while maintaining a normal sized head thank-you-very-much. I truly felt happy."
Wow. Friends, I am going to issue you a challenge. Too often we focus on the negative aspects of life and don't let people know what they mean to us. We don't hear words of encouragement, praise, or support often enough. Let's change that.
Onto other things, I got a subpoena yesterday to be a witness in a trial. It was about one of the fights I blogged about earlier this year. Oh, my life is wacky!!!
4 comments:
24 Hour Fitness and their trainers are the BEST!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine... now if I could only afford more sessions. Ha ha. I'm proud of you lady- and wish I lived closer so I could be a gym rat with you every day! Sigh.
Let's have lunch. Yes.
Whew! Your life is wacky! How do you do it? I loved reading what your students had to say about you. I bet it feels great that amongst all the fits and wackiness you are having a positive influence with those around you! France? You are going to France when you could spend time in the wonderful world of WYOMING? When you get there give Amy a big huge for me! And then tell her to give YOU one for me!
Good call on the challenge.
Also, best of luck in court. Try to do something wacky so you make it onto the news. I'll be watching for you.
What a blessing! How awesome is your job. Have fun at the gym...one of these days I'll start doing that. I have NO cardiovascular strength. You're an awesome example to me of motivation! And you got subpoena-ed! Wow. I dunno how to spell that. At all. Anyway. That's cool.
Post a Comment