What I love about music, is it's power to enhance our lives, to improve our moods, to lift the spirit, and to enlighten the mind.
I am so humbled I can bring music to others, I am grateful I can sing when words will not suffice. I am so blessed to have grown up in a home where music was such a part of everyday life.
"Look for the silver lining
Whenever clouds appear in the gloom-
Remember somewhere the sun is shining
So the right thing to do
Is make is shine for You.
A heart full of joy and gladness
Will always vanish sadness and strife,
But always look for the silver lining,
And then you'll find the sunny side of life."
The following is a poem that I have adopted as my personal creed-
A Prayer For Every Day
Make me too brave to lie or be unkind.
Make me too understanding, too, to mind
The little hurts companions give, and friends,
The careless hurts that no one quite intends.
Make me too thoughtful to hurt others so.
Help me to know....
The inmost hearts of those for whom I care,
Their secret wishes, all the loads they bear,
That I may add my courage to their own.
May I make lonely folks feel less alone,
And happy ones a little happier yet.
May I forget.....
What ought to be forgotten; and recall
Unfailing, all.....
That ought to be recalled, each kindly thing,
Forgetting what might sting.
To all upon my way,
Day after day,
Let me be joy, be hope! Let my life sing!
by Mary Carolyn Davies
I am truly grateful for my life, for the lessons I've learned and for the growth that Heavenly Father has given me. I love the people in my life and it never ceases to amaze me how the people I need at the precise moment I need them enter into my life and leave with me a bit of them. As I become the person I'd like to be, through them, Heavenly Father shapes and molds me. I pray that I may be prepared and worthy for what may lie ahead.
I was reading my journal from the college years and I was so blessed to have such an amazing experience. I was surrounded by some of the best people I've ever known. I grew so much, and I will forever look back on that time as one of the best times in my life. Thank you! :) On May 7th, 2004 I wrote the following thing which is still applicable today, "I've been thinking lately about what truly makes us happy...Now is the time to embrace. Life doesn't always go in the direction that I would like it to go in. And yet, I know I am precisely where I need to be... In the meantime, Love."
2 comments:
Hey, I knew you in college. In fact, we even lived together (remember that?). So, I'll go ahead and group myself in with those great people you're talking about. Kjerst, you're a great one for making yourself happy.
What I mean by that is you've always been willing to be happy. Some people wait for happiness to happen to them, or, I don't know, feel annoyed with happiness when it doesn't come in the way they expect it.
But you seek it out, and are always ready for it.
I think that's just...bitchin' (can i say that on here?).
Thanks for that Kjerst. That arrangement is incredible and I cried, but they were good tears:) You are so good at reminding me of all the beautiful things we live for. Thank you for making my journey so much more enjoyable. Val's right, you rock!
Post a Comment