Last night I returned from a 10 day trip to Orlando. As I was flying over the Salt Lake Valley, I thought of the many times I had come home. With the exception of my mission and college- the Salt Lake Valley has always been home. I love looking out the airplane window and seeing familiar sights, it's such a comfort. Especially the day I came home from my mission... 10 years ago...
What is home? I've been a bit out of sorts lately. Not anything to be too alarmed about- I just feel like life has sucker punched me in the face multiple times. The times in life when everything is hard- when you question everything- when you feel like you don't know what the heck you are doing!
The trip to Orlando was good for me. Besides seeing Ben, Luana and Elliott (yes he is the CUTEST!!) it was a good time to just breathe. To just reflect. To heal.
Over the past year because of laziness and trials, I have gained 30 lbs. Not fun! But, I have a new found determination to lose the weight (mostly because my clothes don't fit right)
Oh and I am also thinking of getting this haircut when I have lost 50 lbs- What do you think? I think it will look a lot better on someone with a slimmer frame- so hence the goal!
Also, I miss my Valley kids. I miss my co-workers. I miss feeling like I don't have to win any affection or respect, I miss the unconditional love. I miss them thinking that I was the ultimate example of cool.
Did I make the right choice? Or was I just pressured into it? I don't know...
The high school kids are great, there have just been some growing pains lately that have caused me to rethink my decision to change schools. The kids act sometimes like I have to prove to them that I am worthy to teach them. It is exhausting. Oh well, too late, gotta move on.
Tomorrow is my 32nd birthday. WHAT THE WHAAAAT!!!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday! You should get the hair cut today, You would look great with it today!!!
Happy Birthday!!! Those high school kids have no idea who they are dealing with. YOU are amazing!! AMAZING! Never, EVER forget that!
What the whaaat? What happened to my music. You better change it back, or else I'm gonna lose it. Boom-chica-wiggy-wagga
Post a Comment