I've been thinking lately about what to do in this moment, what to make of it and what I need to learn.
I am full of excuses to not live up to my potential. I have these grand dreams for myself, and I often get distracted and fall short.
But I have been given a gift- right now I have no responsibilities other than myself. And although I LONG for my own family, I am blessed to be alone.
Time to figure things out-
Time to grow-
Time to be healthy-
Time to love others-
Time to learn-
Time to meditate-
Time to breathe-
I am tired of making excuses for myself, making mountains out of molehills- finding problems, drama and conflict all to distract myself from my true goals, all why minutes pass... and I find myself still wandering. Still wanting, still dreaming...
Still waiting.
For what?
I want to be the best I can be, and it is a process. It won't happen overnight, but I need to take advantage of this precious time I have before I become responsible for others.
Time to learn how to be a great mom-
an amazing wife
a daughter of God.
This moment, it's mine.
3 comments:
This may sound weird but if you want to prepare to be a great wife you may want to read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura. It is a great book and has really helped change my perspective on a lot of things. Wish I would have read it before I got married. But never too late to improve. Enjoy your summer! Jan
Kjersti I love you to bits! And I agree with all you're saying. I to seem to be making any excuse in my life to not keep moving forward. But I just decided that I needed to not be afraid of what wasn't coming, and not dwell on that. So now, I am trying to push past my fears, and acheive some of those dreams I have always had.
The worst thing that will happen is I don't acheive them, but then I know I've tried.
You rock. You are such an awesome example to me. That's all there is to it.
Post a Comment