I am beyond frustrated. I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that so many students are willing to fail…
Example- Last time in class we analyzed Martin Luther King Jr.s “I Have a Dream” speech and then at the end of class the students had 20 minutes to write their own speech. These were the requirements:
-1/2 page long
-In the same “I have a dream” format
- Could be serious or goofy.
Today, they were supposed to give their speeches. Nine students were unprepared. IT DRIVES ME MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world am I supposed to care when they don’t even give a flying leap? I am beyond frustrated. I am afraid I am going to lose it. Why should I care when they don’t! Literally, I cannot comprehend why they would think so little of themselves to allow themselves to fail my stinkin’ easy class! I swear my class is the easiest class to pass; I am so lenient with my grading. Maybe I should just turn into a witch who is no longer a fun teacher, who yells at the kids and makes their lives a living hell. Because kindness and respect seems to get me nowhere with these kids. And then, in the hall I overheard a student bragging about how they have straight F’s… excuse me? Do you realize what that means? It means you are a FAILURE! These kids are bright, they are just so insanely lazy. What do they expect, to have the world handed to them on a silver platter?
I feel sorry for them; sorry for what their future holds if they don’t get their heads out of their delusional self-important clouds of laziness and entitlement. I told my class today that some of them with have amazing futures full or purpose and promise, while some of them will struggle their entire lives, scraping by, because they never acquired a work ethic! I can’t deal with it anymore, I literally feel like I am going insane. Why the hell should I give a rat’s patootie if they don’t?
ARGH, I am soooooooooooo ready for summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment