I learned a valuable lesson today. Always prepare your lesson beforehand and make sure you go over everything… Today, I have been so wrapped up in getting the one act plays ready to perform tonight that I neglected to get things ready for my speech classes. So, I looked in my filing cabinet and came up with a quick lesson on dream careers which will end with conducting some mock interviews and how to interview for a job.
So, in my 2nd period today we were talking about futures, dream careers, education and salaries. As a part of the class, we looked up salaries on wikianswers.com, we looked up basketball players, pilots, doctors, nurses and the President of the United States . I have a projector in my classroom, and so everything on my computer screen was projected for the entire class to see.
I always try to be a good example to my students, I try very hard to not swear, be negative and treat everyone with respect. But sometimes, I can’t control what happens in my class- So I typed in the question “How much does the President of the United States make?” And this was the answer “he makes a lot more than you b*&#tch” … The class lost control…laughing uproariously…I don’t know if I’ll ever live this down…
Oh wait- there’s more.
At the end of class when I was about to start explaining what they had to do for the mock interviews next time, a student raises his hand and asks, “when are we going to learn about stage combat?” I said, “That’s in Exploratory Drama (this particular student has me for that class also)” Then the whole class yells, “This IS exploratory drama”. Wha??? It is??? Oh crap, I just taught an entire speech lesson to my exploratory drama class! Wow… my brain is fried and there is only four weeks of school left… will I survive?
5 comments:
That's classic!
Oh no! Hilarious! I am so sorry, but this great story! At least it was a good lesson; you might have taken more away than the students.
Oh no! Maybe you were caught in a time warp...yeah, a time warp...
Hi, I am a blog stalker, but I know you. It is Nancy Hancock Button. We had loads of fun in a drama class back in the BYUI days and some plays and stuff. Couldn't help but peak when I saw your name on Charisa's blog. I am so glad that you are teaching Drama! What a dream. You look fantastic as well.
hehe! Too funny!
Post a Comment