Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Some thoughts for a random Tuesday

2 weeks out from my musical. It really is quite stressful directing a high school musical. And this one has been hard- but there are moments, moments that make it all worth it.
Crying makes me crazy. But, it is a good make-up remover. Sometimes things are so stressful all you can do is cry. It's often cathartic.
One of my dearest friends got engaged this past weekend. I am super happy for him. He is marrying the perfect girl for him. So happy.
Solitude... not my favorite.
So, I did the online dating thing this past month- and the result? A lot of older creepy (I mean 45+) men flirting with me and winking at me. One guy had an interest in me- he was nice, but after about 5 messages back and forth with no connection, spark and painful small talk, I was done. At first I thought it was me, and the fact I hadn't let go of past relationships, but then I realized it was the painful small talk and forced conversation. So I stopped responding, which apparently made him write me more- so I told him I wasn't interested... Another guy wrote me and although I don't think he's right for me, the conversation is easier... so I gave him my e-mail. We'll see. I only paid for the one month- I don't know why, but it is super irritating to pay for people to have the opportunity to ask me out, especially since no one really does.
When my life is so crazy like it is right now, all I want is someone in my corner. I have many people who come in and out of my corner- but I would love to have someone take up residence there permanently.
Sigh...

1 comment:

MisterKerr said...

Weird tip with online dating: the type of guys you can find online are usually more likely to respond to a girl who contacts them first than your average guy in the street. In other words, you may have more success if you initiate the contact instead of just letting creepy 45-year-olds do it.