So, I have a secret. Don't let my students know.
I love being a teacher. NO REALLY- DON'T LET THEM KNOW!
As the summer is quickly winding to a close, my thoughts have started thinking about the upcoming school year and I can't help but get a little excited! I have always loved the start of a new school year, the anticipation, the back to school shopping and starting out with a clean slate! Ahhhhh!
So many things in my life have been uncertain, being a teacher is not one of them. Although I may complain at times, may get discouraged, may wonder if it is worth it. I remember, it is. It just makes my heart happy, thinking of the wonderful things that will shape this upcoming school year, the students I will meet and who will have such a profound impact on me. I love these kids, I hope they know that. I can't think of a higher honor than being a teacher.
Things I love about it:
-I am the master of my domain!
-Making the kids laugh by being goofy and doing accents!
-Being there for a student when they need someone to listen
-Seeing a student 'get it'
-Quiet moments
- The applause at the musicals (curtain call always makes me cry when I see my kids take their well-deserved bows, it makes all the headaches, long hours and pain worth it for one shining moment to see the looks on their faces as they bask in the moment!)
-Giving a kid a chance
- Sharing my passion with my students
-Telling stories
- Students just stopping by to say hi
-A Student's genuine smile
-Sharing our lives
-Knowing that in some small way, I can change the world.
Look out world, here I come! :)
3 comments:
I suspect that your students know this already but nonetheless, I won't tell a soul...
This is inspiring! It makes me so excited to be a teacher myself! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks Kjersti, I needed to read this this week.
Post a Comment