Next Monday starts my 4th year as a teacher. Where does the time go? I am excited, but also apprehensive and irritated that I still don't have a sound system, blinds in my classroom and a light board that is functioning. I know I will have tons of stress putting together a show with blood, sweat, tears and duct tape... for one brief shining moment. It's coming so soon!
I have no problem believing in others, seeing their potential, having complete faith in them. Why do I falter with myself? Recently, I've been working with a personal trainer. I started with him before I went to Europe and have been working with him since. He is VERY expensive. I've learned the key to results is really the food you eat more than working out, but I digress. I originally signed up for 20 sessions which round out to about $45 bucks a pop. You do the math... Anyway, I knew the end of my sessions would be coming really soon, I just didn't realize how soon. Tonight he texted me and told me I have five sessions left and he was wondering if I am planning to continue...
I want to. I really want to. I see it as an investment in myself. But, after Europe, my new car last January and day to day life- I cannot afford it.
Besides having him train me, he is such a source of knowledge, and there is the accountability factor. I really want to continue until I reach my goals.
I guess I am just doubting that I can be successful without him. I know on some level I can be, but I've finally felt empowered and like "this is it"...
I went and saw Julie & Julia this evening. Delightful. I miss cooking, I don't do it much for myself. I love food... hence my problem.
Have I learned enough to fly solo? I have no intentions of being super muscular, I just want to be healthy. I like my curves, they just need to be smaller, I like being feminine. Why is it that I have more faith in others than I ever have for myself?
1 comment:
So, that revelation you had about food being more important that working out? Me too. As in, I also just figured that out. I think my ratio is 70% percent what I eat, 30% how much I work out.
It's frustrating, because one is much easier for me to control than the other, but, Kjers, just be strong.
You can do it.
70/30, can you believe it?
Post a Comment