So, these are some of my yahoos, what I affectionately call my theatre students. Today was the Region 2 Drama competition and we placed third against some incredible schools! As the region rep, I was in charge of the whole shindig and boy was it a lot of work. But it was such a joy to share this moment with these kids.
My favorite moment was after the awards ceremony, my students rushed the stage for a giant group hug. I love them.
I recognize that I am extremely fortunate and blessed. Some people spend their whole lives trying to find fulfillment in their careers. Some people spend years trying to figure out what to do for their career. Not me, I've known since high school that this would be my life calling. Is it hard? Yes. Is it stressful? Yes. Is it heartbreaking? Yes. But I wouldn't change it for the world. It's such a beautiful thing to witness these kids grow into amazing adults. And to know that I have some small hand in that.
So congrats to my kids on their achievement! And thank you for touching my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment