Monday, March 10, 2014

Hope

This evening I have been reading my journal from my college years and although much has changed much remains the same.
Overall, I've always been a hopeful person.
I used to talk a lot to my future children in my journal. I guess it was because I figured they would be the ones who would eventually read my words.
Tonight that just made me sad.
What is left when hope fades? A broken heart?
I call myself a optimistic realist. Tonight, I just feel like a realist.
Oh and love, the ever elusive dream.
My journal pages are filled with stories of unrequited love. How, just for once it would be wonderful to have someone love me in return.
It still would be.
I'm beginning to wonder if my life truly will be a solitary one.
And that makes me sad.
But I see no change.
Sorry for the sad post. But, I'm just feeling sad tonight. And that's ok. It's fine.

No comments: