So, my title isn't too exciting- but I am trying to make sure that I get at least one blog post a month. So here goes-
School ends next week. The older I get the more I can't believe how fast time passes. I think I may blink and find myself a year older.
And, I just have to say- I am happy. I am happy with my life, my relationships, my job and just at peace with how things are going. Two nights ago was the Drama Club Awards night for my program-
It was such an awesome evening! I am so blessed to be able to do what I do. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating. My job is so incredible. Don't get me wrong- it is HARD work- but knowing that I make a difference is amazing. Rhiannon, the gal in the picture above with me was my Theatre Council President this past year. I honored her with the outstanding Senior award. In her short speech she said something that meant a lot to me. She said, "Ms. Parkes taught me a lot of things- but the most important thing was that I don't have to be perfect. I can just be me, be who I am, and that is awesome."
That, my friends, is what I teach :)
So, yeah- lots of job satisfaction. One of my favorite things in the entire world is holding up a mirror to people and helping them see themselves for who they truly are. And, I get to do it every single day. Teaching kids that they can do ANYTHING, they are GOOD enough, KINDNESS is one of the most important attributes, and to LAUGH and LOVE.
Also, I am so grateful for my dear relationships- I love my family. I love when we get together- there is always laughter, great conversation and love. I love my dear friends who accept me for who I am quirks and all. And- I love my cute dogs... yes, I never thought I'd be one of THOSE people- but gosh darn it, I am! I love coming home to such unconditional love and affection! They are such sweethearts- ask anyone who has met them.
Life is amazing-
As for this summer- I had applied for a temp customer service job which I was definitely qualified for and would have been great at. However, they decided not to hire me. I had a feeling after one of the weirdest interviews of my life that they wouldn't be hiring me. Although I really wish I knew why. Oh well. So, I am hoping to work somewhere else. I don't have a lot going on and I really want to decrease my accumulated debt- so here's hoping I can get a summer job!
In June I am heading to West Yellowstone for the Playmill 50th reunion! I am super excited for the trip! Then in July- I am co-conference director for UACTT ... other than that- not much going on. I have to get a job or else I may go a little stir crazy.
So- life- it's awesome!












No comments:
Post a Comment