So tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Aka, S.A.D. (Single awareness day, the day where you become super aware of your single status...)
Facebook is interesting. There are many posts about people doing wonderful things for their significant others, and many posts about how this holiday stinks.
So, where do I stand? I'm fine. Being single really is just the way it is, and since I don't have a significant other to heap sentimentality upon, I will instead write about a few things that I love. So, in no particular order, things I love on this Valentine's Day 2012-
1- Key changes in songs. A song is going along and then... excitement... a key change to bring it home. Love hearing it, love singing it even more!
2-Speaking of singing, have I mentioned HOW MUCH I LOVE TO SING!!!!! I am so grateful I was blessed with my voice. I love it, it is often cathartic.
3-Good friends... I have the best friends. The ones I see regularly, the ones I see rarely and the ones who can just pick up where we left off.
4- Spontaneous dance numbers with my students as we rule the hallways 'West Side Story' style... seriously, I'm THAT kind of teacher!
5- Hugs from my nieces. They are the two most loving people I know, and no matter what mood I am, their joy and light bring me so much joy!
6- Dreams
7- Applause for my students, I feel like a proud parent. Nothing, NOTHING beats the looks on their faces as they take their bows.
8- Watching the audience laugh at my show. The laughter where you are literally slapping your knee!
9- Second chances.
10- Forgiveness and letting go.
So, on this the eve where we celebrate love. I have so many people I love and so many who love me. LOVE IT!!!
Love to you ALL!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment