Sunday, July 3, 2011

And then life happens...

So, after my last post I was super pumped about starting my new path and making the changes. Then life happened... About a week ago I had the worst flu known to man. I seriously had not been that sick for many, many years. It was all I could do to go from the bed to the bathroom and back... ugh. So recovering from that took awhile. Right after my illness (while I was still recovering) I went to a theatre teacher conference in Cedar City. The whole time I was there I was in the worst mood. I still was feeling crappy and I felt like there weren't any workshops for me. (There were a lot that involved physical movement and I just wasn't up to that yet.) In addition, all your meals were provided so my eating drastically changed, plus I was still reeling from being sick.
After three days I cam home and went to the last two nights of "Scarlet Pimpernel". I had been helping with wigs, hair and such. It was so much fun and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it. But that also meant REALLY really late nights at the Belgian Waffle Inn...
So, yesterday- I attempted a run. I could only do 1.5 miles before I felt like passing out.
I've lost 0.5 lbs which I guess is something.
I am just in a defeatist mood tonight. I feel like crap. I had awesome momentum and then life happened. I feel bloated and gross and just blah. And I feel like I've set way too high of a goal for myself.
Sorry to be a negative nancy, I'm just in a craptacular mood.
I've tried and failed and tried and failed and tried and failed and tried and failed and tried and failed... SO MANY TIMES!!
Why should now be different?
I really want it to be.
Making changes is HARD!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Sounds a bit like me. I was in quite the habit of walking about 2.4 miles every day (including some jogging) and was feeling great about myself and finally losing some weight. Then 3 weeks ago I sprained my ankle pretty bad, so only today am I finally able to start doing at least the walking again. It's been frustrating to not be able to do what I wanted to, but if it the desire is there, results will follow. No worries about being negative on your blog either. It's very therapeutic to vent and blogs are great for that!

Becky said...

Sending you big time hugs.