Monday, May 23, 2011

Entrances and Exits

"All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players.
They each have their entrances and their exits..."
-William Shakespeare

Tonight was the Drama Club Awards for my students. And thus it ends. I have about 7 more days of school and then my first year teaching high school will be a distant memory. I am no stranger saying goodbye to students, but it is always an interesting experience.

Singing "Some Things are Meant to Be" with Sarah, I adore this girl. She is amazing.

I will miss them, they have certainly kept me entertained over the past months.


This is Kyle, so talented!
I wonder what the future holds for them. I wonder how many of them will do theatre in some way. I wonder how many of them will remember the lessons taught, or the feelings felt. I wonder how many will see their dreams come true, feel incredible heartbreak, and loss. I wonder what they will think when they look back on their senior year. Although at times, it has been hard, I am beyond grateful that I played a small role.

No comments: