So today I attended my new ward. No, I haven't moved. I have "graduated". (But where's my diploma, my cool hat or a congratulatory dinner?)
I graduated from the singles ward- no I am not engaged... I am merely old.
A month ago I turned 31, which also means I am now too old to attend the Young Single Adult Ward. Well, our ward was also in the middle of a bishopric transition and seeing how I didn't want to leave the ward I hung around for a month, hoping the new bishop would be a little bit lenient.
HA! Last week, his first talk was about how we need to leave the ward when we turn 31. Toffer looked at me when the bishop said that, I punched him in the arm.
So... today... I went to the family ward. Fortunately there are a lot of singles in the family ward (a bunch of YSA "graduates") and we had our own Sunday school class. But, the whole time I was there- I wanted to be back in my old ward with my friends. I didn't choose this. I don't feel old. This sucks, plain and simple. But, church is church and from obedience comes blessings? I certainly hope so.
I think it's just that I never envisioned this for myself. Oh well, life continues to surprise and befuddle me.
I am trying to be more optimistic. I've been dealing with a lot of hoo-haw lately and I am learning to let it all go.
My friend posted this as his facebook status- "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -Helen Keller
So, I keep moving along with optimistic faith, hope & confidence.
Maybe this graduation will be a good thing?
1 comment:
First off, LOVE your phrase "normally abnormal." I just might start describing myself that way. :) Also, you were SORELY missed in church today! I have no doubt you will be blessed for following the commandments, but just know you won't be forgotten in dear ol' Winder 19th!!!
Post a Comment