Monday, October 19, 2009

It's a Hard Knock Life

It's amazing how fast things can change. How in an instant, life is completley different from how it was just the moment before.
My heart is broken... again. Sometimes I wonder how it continues to beat (duct tape must be an amazing thing!) My poor duct-taped together heart that somehow continues to beat... Asking why, why do I give my heart so easily? The eternal optimist? Usually. Tomorrow will be better.
It really stinks when you feel so close and then get blindsided in an instant.
I didn't see it coming. But, I suppose it is for the best.
Live and learn.
I thought this time it would be real, I thought this time I wouldn't have to end up in this place again. But here I am. It's ok.

Thank you for the amazing memories, I learned and grew so much. And I wish you only the best, you deserve it. Thank you for the moment.

You know it's funny, when I look back on my life I can usually see why things happen, but it's just sometimes hard in the moment. I guess some people are in your life for a reason, some people are in your life for a moment- and some are both. I look forward with faith. A little wiser, a little beaten down, but peaceful.
I just want it all, I want to be loved, and sometimes I feel lonely- but I know the Lord is mindful of me and someday I will have what I need.

5 comments:

Jon said...

:( Here's a cyber-hug Kjersti. Unfortunately, I can relate all to well to what you have written. I hope you can spend some time relaxing and doing something enjoyable to help make things a little better, you know, like a trip to Ohio! ;) Wish I could come visit so we could hang out...I know I need a vacation but that won't be happening any time soon...

Liz said...

Isaiah 54: 5-17.

Thank you for your testimony and example. Love you!

Heidi said...

Saddest. Post. Ever. If it's who I think it is, which I think it is, my heart is a little broken as well! Your both such neat people that it's supposed to work out! Way to look up, though. If you need a shculder to cry on or some chocolate to eat, COME ON OVER! Really. We like you A LOT!!! :)

Amy said...

I love you soooo much! And I really do understand that heartache... It gets better, it goes away for a while, then you take another chance, and get to live it all over again. All for the chance of it sticking - just once!!! I have so much faith in that, for both of us. And in the meantime, I am so grateful you are my best friend.
Cuz let's face it, we are awesome!!! What is wrong with these silly boys?!?? Hang in there, beautiful.

TeresaL said...

(((HUGS))) I love your attitude! What a good example you are.