I just finished watching the first episode of the Biggest Loser season eight. Nothing like a wake-up call. There is a woman this season (Abby) who had lost her husband and two children in a car accident- and she has the most amazing positive attitude. She said the following after her 1st week at the ranch, "My experience was totally different, because the fact is that death doesn't scare me, it doesn't. Death would be a much easier choice for me. It's here (meaning the ranch) that's hard. It's getting up and taking that step that's hard. Because there's not anyone else- it is just for me. So, I get up and I give it my best... and it feels good."
I love it.
It's more than just losing the weight, it's making your life the best it can be. Loving others, finding opportunities to serve, learning, growing, making mistakes and living. I think we have one of two choices in life- we can either live daily or die daily. What do we choose?
I also have a friend who never ceases to amaze me with his quiet strength. His determination in the face of such incredible odds inspires me daily. I am privileged to know him.
1 comment:
I love biggest loser!! One of my favorite shows!! I couldn't believe Abby's story... I am cheering for her. I love the motivation the show brings :)
Post a Comment