Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It Just Keeps Getting Better!

So, while I was in college I could never quite understand the many 'hats' I would wear as a teacher. (Cheerleader, mentor, disciplinarian, teacher, counselor, friend etc...) You can now add Bad Ass to that list. According to Mr. Reigner I am officially a Bad Ass. (Pardon the language). How does one achieve such a title? Let me tell you.
2:45 P.M. The bells rings to go home, and after yesterday, today was a pretty good day. The students leave my classroom and there is a moment of serenity. Then I have this feeling that I should go in the hallway to check on the little angels.
Just outside my door there is quite a commotion and at first, I'm not sure what is going on. Then I hear the word "FIGHT!" I look down the hallway just a few feet from my door and two girls are going at it. Literally yanking the hair out of each other's scalps and hitting each other with their free arms.
Well, me (being the Bad Ass that I am) march right into the middle of the fight. Adrenaline pumping, I really didn't have a thought in my head. I grab both girls by their wrists and literally pull them apart. At first the girls start hitting me, but then either because of my awesome strength (according to body bugg, I burned 5.2 calories a minute breaking up the fight) or the fact that I am a teacher, they eventually stop. I march them into the office (clothes lining a few kids on the way because I would not let go of their wrists.) and then proceed to get the other kids out of the building.
And that, my friends is bad ass.

10 comments:

Lynette said...

If only more teachers would dare to do that. You go!!

Janelle said...

Oh, Kjersti, I think you are awesome! What a horrible day for me to be sick and have to miss such an exciting show. I only hope that some day I will earn the title of "Bad Ass"...

Jon said...

Not only is it bad ass but it's FREAKIN' AWESOME...yes...AWESOME!

TeresaL said...

Woo hoo! you go girl!!!

Valerie said...

Well, I'll admit, I'm pretty impressed. Although not completely surprised. There was always a dangerous glint in your eye that told me you were just waiting for your moment to be the ENFORCER.

Ben P. said...

One time when we were younger I wouldn't get off the exercise bike and you were so angry you punched me in the groin. This story doesn' surprise me at all.

Word Verification - comick

Sarah W. said...

When I grow up I want to be a "Bad Ass" just like Ms. Parkes!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

That is what I like to hear!

Jon said...

I know it's a little after the fact, but I found this quite entertaining. Thanks for sharing your "Bad Ass" story.

Rachel said...

Hells YA!!!